Creating Successful Research Posters
For researchers in the natural sciences who would like to learn how to create and present an effective research poster
5 experts in science communication and research poster design and presentation
4.5 hours of learning
1-module course with certificate
About this course
In today’s fast-paced world of research, effective communication is key. An engaging research poster is a great way to visually share your findings concisely and broaden your professional network with other researchers. Learn how to craft great engaging research posters and prepare a handout and conversation that will captivate your audience. Whether you’re a student presenting your first poster at a conference or an early career researcher seeking feedback and collaborations, this course will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence and improve your chances of success.
If you would like to preview lessons from the course, you can try a free sample.
What you’ll learn
- Set communication goals for your poster presentations
- Identify your audience and select your key message and supporting material
- Select the visual elements and supporting text for your poster
- Design a poster that will communicate your key message effectively
- Use your poster to spark great conversations about your research.
- Welcome to the course
- About this course
- What makes a great poster?
- Identify your goal and audience
- Select your key message and supporting material
- Structure your poster, conversation and handout
- Prepare the text for your poster
- Decide on the layout of your poster
- Design and format your poster
- Prepare your conversation and handout
- Course summary
Developed with experts in poster design and presentation
The course was developed and refined by an international panel of academics, science artists and poster design and presentation experts.
Meet the expert panel that have helped shape and refine the content of the course:
Advice from experienced science communicators
The course contains additional insights from other research posters and science communication experts
Discover related courses
Access to courses is by subscription via your lab, department or institution
Already have access?
Register or log in to access a course.
Find out here.
Subscriptions are not available to individual users
You can, however:
For institutions, departments and labs
Find out which of our subscription plans best suits your needs
Does my institution provide full course access?
When registering, you’ll be asked to select your institution first. If your institution is listed, it has subscribed and provides full access to our on-demand courses catalogue.
My institution isn’t listed!
Select „other“ and register with an individual account. This allows you to access all our free sample course modules, and our entirely free course on peer review.
You might also want to recommend our courses to your institution.
I am in charge of purchasing training materials for our lab / department / institution.