Advancing your Scientific Presentations
For researchers in the natural sciences who want to improve the quality of their peer-to-peer scientific presentations with both virtual and face-to-face audiences
10 experts who excel at presenting their work, including renowned presentation designers, and trainers and experts in narrative tools
10 hours of learning
4-module course with course certificate
About this course
'Advancing Your Scientific Presentations' teaches you how to create more memorable and engaging presentations to your scientific peers. In the course, you will discover how you can develop your research story - the foundation of your presentation - using narrative tools, how to build a slide deck that supports and enhances your presentation, and how to prepare to deliver your presentation on the day.
What you'll learn
- To identify techniques that can help to overcome the challenges that researchers commonly face when creating and delivering oral presentations
- To build compelling research stories to use as the foundation for your presentations
- To create professional slide decks that effectively communicate your research findings to your audience
- To apply strategies to help you deliver your presentation effectively on the day, in both virtual and face-to-face environments
Developed with expert academics and professionals
This course benefits from the insights of experts with a wide range of experience, including:
- Delivering compelling presentations to audiences of scientific peers
- Using narrative techniques when communicating research
- Designing slide decks to support and enhance presentations
- Training researchers how to deliver scientific presentations in a clear and engaging manner
Meet the expert panel that have helped shape and refine the content of the course:
Advice from experienced researchers
The course has additional insights through video interviews from:
Feedback from course users
I was reluctant to see my research results as a "story" to be told to others. But now I understand it's what makes my results stick.
Postdoctoral student, United States
I found it really helpful to have a clear process that I could apply to develop my talk, from the core message to the design details of the slides.
Research scientist, India
Discover related courses
Access to courses is by subscription via your lab, department or institution
Already have access?
Register or log in to access a course.
Find out here.
Subscriptions are not available to individual users
You can, however:
For institutions, departments and labs
Find out which of our subscription plans best suits your needs
Does my institution provide full course access?
When registering, you’ll be asked to select your institution first. If your institution is listed, it has subscribed and provides full access to our on-demand courses catalogue.
My institution isn’t listed!
Select „other“ and register with an individual account. This allows you to access all our free sample course modules, and our entirely free course on peer review.
You might also want to recommend our courses to your institution.
I am in charge of purchasing training materials for our lab / department / institution.