Publishing a Research Paper
For researchers in the natural sciences who are new to publishing or wish to refresh their skills
Taught by 20 Nature Portfolio journal experts
5.5 hours of learning
8-module course with certificate
About this course
'Publishing a Research Paper' focuses on how to submit your research paper, and gives a comprehensive overview of how to navigate the editorial and publishing process, including revisions.
What you'll learn
- How to select the most appropriate journal for publication and submit your paper
- How to navigate the editorial process, including how to write cover letters, the peer review process, as well as the different editorial decisions and how to appeal them
- How to include ethical considerations and avoid potential pitfalls
Publishing a Research Paper - sample
No subscription yet? Try this free sample to preview lessons from the course
6 lessons 15m
Delivered by Nature Portfolio journal Editors
This course is delivered by 20 Nature Portfolio journal Editors, giving researchers an unparalleled insight into the publishing and manuscript selection process. Our panel of experts include:
Discover related courses
Access to courses is by subscription via your lab, department or institution
Already have access?
Register or log in to access the full course.
Find out here.
Subscriptions are not available to individual users. You can:
- Complete our free course on Peer review, or try a free sample of any of our courses
- Recommend our courses to your institution, so that we can contact them to discuss becoming a subscriber.
For institutions, departments and labs
Find out which of our subscription plans best suits your needs
Does my institution provide full course access?
When registering, you’ll be asked to select your institution first. If your institution is listed, it has subscribed and provides full access to our on-demand courses catalogue.
My institution isn’t listed!
Select „other“ and register with an individual account. This allows you to access all our free sample course modules, and our entirely free course on peer review.
You might also want to recommend our courses to your institution.
I am in charge of purchasing training materials for our lab / department / institution.
Start this course
Full course access via institutional subscription only. More info
Institutions, departments and labs:
Give your research full access to our entire course catalogue