Participating in a Collaboration
For researchers in the natural sciences who wish to participate in collaborative projects
16 experts in collaboration, including researchers, funders, editors and professionals
5 hours of learning
15-minute bite-sized lessons
1-module course with certificate
About this course
‘Participating in a Collaboration’ focuses on how to ensure you make a meaningful contribution when you join a collaborative project. The course will help to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to become an effective and valuable member of the team. This course is particularly suited to researchers who have little or no experience in working collaboratively.
What you’ll learn
- Strategies for working in a new research team
- Key collaborative skills such as dividing tasks, managing your time, and communicating efficiently
- Tools to help you collaborate
- How to plan to maximise the skills, ideas and contacts you’ll gain from collaborating
- How to overcome possible roadblocks when participating in collaborative projects
Participating in a Collaboration - sample
No subscription yet? Try this free sample to preview lessons from the course
2 lessons 40m
Developed with expert academics and professionals
This course has been created with an international team of experts with a wide range of experience, including:
- Interdisciplinary and international collaborations
- Publications resulting from collaborative research
- The sociology of collaboration
- Collaborative tools
- Science communication
- Funding opportunities for collaborative efforts
- Institutional support for research collaboration
Advice from experienced collaborators
The course also has additional insights through interviews from:
Discover related courses
Access to courses is by subscription via your lab, department or institution
Already have access?
Register or log in to access the full course.
Find out here.
Subscriptions are not available to individual users. You can:
- Complete our free course on Peer review, or try a free sample of any of our courses
- Recommend our courses to your institution, so that we can contact them to discuss becoming a subscriber.
For institutions, departments and labs
Find out which of our subscription plans best suits your needs
Does my institution provide full course access?
When registering, you’ll be asked to select your institution first. If your institution is listed, it has subscribed and provides full access to our on-demand courses catalogue.
My institution isn’t listed!
Select „other“ and register with an individual account. This allows you to access all our free sample course modules, and our entirely free course on peer review.
You might also want to recommend our courses to your institution.
I am in charge of purchasing training materials for our lab / department / institution.
Start this course
Full course access via institutional subscription only. More info
Institutions, departments and labs:
Give your research full access to our entire course catalogue