Networking for Researchers
For researchers in the natural sciences who want to gain confidence by improving their networking skills or mentor others through the process
10 experts in networking, including researchers, experienced academic networkers, fellows, networking consultants and communications specialists
8 hours of learning
15-minute bite-sized lessons
4-module course with certificate
About this course
‘Networking for Researchers’ covers the key elements needed to acquire or perfect effective professional networking skills for scientific researchers. In this course you will discover how building a professional network will benefit your research and career, and learn the skills to build and maintain networking connections in a variety of settings, both in-person and online.
What you’ll learn
- The theory behind and the importance of networking, and how to use your research and career goals to guide you to find appropriate networking opportunities
- How to research and prepare key resources to help you build an effective network
- Strategies to approach and connect with potential contacts, and how to follow up – both in person and online
- Strategies for nurturing your networking contacts, and how to leverage them to advance your research and career
Developed with expert academics and professionals
This course has been created with an international team of experts with a wide range of experience in networking, including:
- Setting career goals
- Evaluating current networks
- Identifying networking opportunities and researching potential contacts
- Studying social networks
- Leveraging networks to advance your research and career
Discover related courses
Access to courses is by subscription via your lab, department or institution
Already have access?
Register or log in to access a course.
Find out here.
Subscriptions are not available to individual users
You can, however:
For institutions, departments and labs
Find out which of our subscription plans best suits your needs
Does my institution provide full course access?
When registering, you’ll be asked to select your institution first. If your institution is listed, it has subscribed and provides full access to our on-demand courses catalogue.
My institution isn’t listed!
Select „other“ and register with an individual account. This allows you to access all our free sample course modules, and our entirely free course on peer review.
You might also want to recommend our courses to your institution.
I am in charge of purchasing training materials for our lab / department / institution.