Narrative Tools for Researchers
For researchers in the natural sciences who want to enhance their communication to their peers by using narrative tools to tell their research story
10 experts in using narrative techniques in scientific communication, including researchers, Nature Portfolio journal Editors and science journalists
8.5 hours of learning
15-minute bite-sized lessons
3-module course with certificate
About this course
‘Narrative Tools for Researchers’ explains how to use narrative techniques to help you communicate your research to the scientific community in an effective, compelling and memorable way.
What you’ll learn
- The benefits of using narrative tools to communicate your research more effectively to scientific peers and stakeholders
- How to create and combine narrative elements to build a compelling scientific story
- How to refine your research story depending on the audience and format for your communication
Developed with expert academics and professionals
This course has been created with an international team of experts with a wide range of experience, including:
- Academic research into the role of narrative tools in science communication
- Science journalism
- Training scientists in communicating through storytelling techniques
- Sharing their own research through compelling stories and papers
Advice from experienced researchers
The course has additional insights through video interviews from:
Discover related courses
Access to courses is by subscription via your lab, department or institution
Already have access?
Register or log in to access a course.
Find out here.
Subscriptions are not available to individual users
You can, however:
For institutions, departments and labs
Find out which of our subscription plans best suits your needs
Does my institution provide full course access?
When registering, you’ll be asked to select your institution first. If your institution is listed, it has subscribed and provides full access to our on-demand courses catalogue.
My institution isn’t listed!
Select „other“ and register with an individual account. This allows you to access all our free sample course modules, and our entirely free course on peer review.
You might also want to recommend our courses to your institution.
I am in charge of purchasing training materials for our lab / department / institution.