Finding Funding Opportunities
For researchers in the natural sciences who want to find and prioritise funding opportunities to fit their needs or mentor others through the process
5 experts in obtaining research funding, including a former programme director at a major funder, experienced researchers, and a research management consultant
3.5 hours of learning
10-30-minute bite-sized lessons
1-module course with certificate
About this course
‘Finding Funding Opportunities’ provides researchers with the skills needed to identify their professional and personal circumstances as well as research needs, and to find and prioritise funding opportunities that best fit their requirements and expertise.
What you'll learn
- The funding landscape and the benefits of searching for and prioritising the best-fitting funding opportunities
- How to analyse your funding requirements while considering your personal and professional circumstances
- Strategies to find and keep track of suitable funding opportunities
- How best to shortlist different funding opportunities
- Strategies to prioritise and select those opportunities that best fit your needs
Developed with expert academics and professionals
This course has been created with an international team of experts with a wide range of experience, including:
- A research management consultant and a former Program Director at the National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Backgrounds in synthetic biology, radio astronomy, botany and geochemistry
Advice from experienced researchers
The course has additional insights through video interviews from:
Discover related courses
Access to courses is by subscription via your lab, department or institution
Already have access?
Register or log in to access a course.
Find out here.
Subscriptions are not available to individual users
You can, however:
For institutions, departments and labs
Find out which of our subscription plans best suits your needs
Does my institution provide full course access?
When registering, you’ll be asked to select your institution first. If your institution is listed, it has subscribed and provides full access to our on-demand courses catalogue.
My institution isn’t listed!
Select „other“ and register with an individual account. This allows you to access all our free sample course modules, and our entirely free course on peer review.
You might also want to recommend our courses to your institution.
I am in charge of purchasing training materials for our lab / department / institution.